Managing Surveyor (MEP)
‘To Maximise Client Value’ – Through the delivery of world class bills of quantities we enable our clients to win work based on accurate quantities, with risks and opportunities highlighted and scope of works properly defined.
To be the market leading provider of pre-contract services to the world’s leading contractor organisations. To provide a first class and stable working environment to allow us to have fulfilling careers and provide for our families.
- To ensure the submission of client ready first-class bills of quantities and pricing documents to our customers on time to the correct scope and desired quality
- Be the client facing project manager for each commission
- Hold pre-start meetings with the clients to understand their requirements and desired out puts
- Hold internal pre-start meetings with our billing teams, set achievable targets and prepare our internal pre-start briefing document
- Hold daily meetings with the billing teams to check on progress and assist with technical issues
- Prepare and answer TQ’s to be sent onto the client, discuss and implement the responses with the billing teams
- In the absence of TQ responses use your experience to propose reasonable assumptions to allow the commission to remain on programme
- Keep in regular contract with the client’s team to keep then up to date with progress.
- Hold formal mid-term review meetings with clients
- Conduct a detailed QA of the BQ’s to ensure all aspects of the scope have been delivered and the bills/pricing documents are to the agreed Soben standard
- Conduct a detailed gap analysis of each commission
- Ensure all aspects of the Soben system and detailed QA sheets have been executed by our billing teams.
- Have a detailed working knowledge of the prepared documents
- Conduct a detailed handover of all BQ’s to our clients and be the point of contact for all post submission queries
- Build good working relationships with our client’s estimators to ensure repeat business
- Be willing to travel on occasion to our client’s offices in the UK and on occasion Europe.
- Be at the forefront of continuous improvement in the delivery of our service
- Support the UK Directors in all business matters as required
- Always ensure adherence to the Soben Values
- Maintain commercial confidentiality at all times, particularly when dealing with customers
- Provide effective coaching and mentoring to the junior members of our team
Qualifications/Education and/or Experience:
- Preferably educated to degree level (or equivalent) standard.
- Previous management experience would be useful, as would working within a building services environment.
- Must possess excellent communication and negotiation skills, together with a common sense and flexible approach
Essential work-based aspects:
- MEP Estimating/Commercial Knowledge
- Understanding of the Building Services Industry
- Understanding Client Needs
- Business Planning
- Planning/Programming Awareness
- Design Awareness
- IT Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Interviewing Techniques
Essential Behavioural Aspects
- Working with People
- Dealing with Problems
- Personal Responsibility & Organisation
- Dealing with Change
- Dealing with Customers
The ability to adopt a flexible approach, and to communicate, negotiate and be influential at all levels will be fundamental to the success of this role
Ready to apply?
Please send your up-to-date CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to discuss your application.
Managing Quantity SurveyorWe're looking for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to provide outstanding service and be the client-facing manager for each commission Soben undertakes.