Managing Quantity Surveyor
We’re an award-winning construction consultancy with huge ambitions to put ourselves firmly on the map. We’ve come a long way since operations commenced in 2011 but now is the time to step on the gas and realise our true potential.
It is a hugely exciting time to join our business and we have some amazing times ahead of us. We’re targeting to have 1000 people globally by 2030 to support our expansion plans in current locations as well as additional territories.
If you want to play an integral part in achieving our ambitious plans for growth and delivering an exceptional consultancy service for our clients in the EMEA region, whilst progressing your own career in a supportive and dynamic environment, we want to hear from you!
- Be the client facing project manager for each commission
- Hold pre-start meetings with the clients to understand their requirements and desired out puts
- Hold internal pre-start meetings with our billing teams, set achievable targets and prepare our internal pre-start briefing document
- Hold daily meetings with the billing teams to check on progress and assist with technical issues
- Prepare and answer TQ’s to be sent onto the client, discuss and implement the responses with the billing teams
- In the absence of TQ responses use your experience to propose reasonable assumptions to allow the commission to remain on programme
- Keep in regular contract with the client’s team to keep then up to date with progress.
- Hold formal mid-term review meetings with clients
- Conduct a detailed QA of the BQ’s to ensure all aspects of the scope have been delivered and the bills/pricing documents are to the agreed Soben standard
- Conduct a detailed gap analysis of each commission
- Ensure all aspects of the Soben system and detailed QA sheets have been executed by our billing teams.
- Have a detailed working knowledge of the prepared documents
- Conduct a detailed handover of all BQ’s to our clients and be the point of contact for all post submission queries
- Build good working relationships with our client’s estimators to ensure repeat business
- Be willing to travel on occasion to our client’s offices in the UK and on occasion Europe.
- Be at the forefront of continuous improvement in the delivery of our service
- Support the UK Directors in all business matters as required
- Always ensure adherence to the Soben Values
- Provide effective coaching and mentoring to the junior members of our team
Preferred Qualification / Relevant Experience
- Preferably educated to degree level (or equivalent) standard.
- Previous management experience would be useful, as would working within a building services environment.
- Must possess excellent communication and negotiation skills, together with a common sense and flexible approach.
Ready to Apply?
Simply click the ‘APPLY NOW’ button below and you will be directed to our vacancies portal where you will be able to submit your application. Thanks for your interest in joining us!
Senior Cost Manager – Data CentreWe are looking for a Senior Cost Manager with DC experience to join our expanding team in EMEA.
Senior Quantity Surveyor, LUXWe are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our expanding team in EMEA.